Be sure and check out our GIVEAWAY while you're here.
These cookies are amazing. I absolutely adore this recipe. I have been making it for years now and every time I serve it to someone new they simply go crazy over them.
These peanut butter cookies are healthier than most and are very filling. I don't feel bad eating a few (or more than a few... ahem...) with a tall glass of raw milk and calling it "breakfast".
This recipe is taken from The New Laurel's Kitchen. I have made this recipe so many times that the book's seam is broken at the page with this recipe on it.
Whole Wheat Peanut Butter Cookies (Sweetened with Honey)
You Will Need:
- 1 Cup crunchy, organic peanut butter (Where to buy.)
- 1 Cup organic, raw honey (Where to buy.)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 1/2 teaspoon organic vanilla (Where to buy.)
- 1/2 teaspoon Celtic sea salt (Where to buy real salt.)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 Cups whole wheat flour (Fresh is always best. See the grain-mill I use here.)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine peanut butter and honey thoroughly in a bowl.
- Stir in egg and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl mix salt, soda and flour. Mix thoroughly.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and mix well.
- Shape dough into small balls and lightly press down onto a greased cookie sheet with a fork.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until cookies become slightly golden brown. (Note: Be careful to not over bake! Honey burns much more easily than sugar.)
If you like peanut butter, you will love these cookies. They are dense and delicious. They are perfect for taking on a hike, as a quick snack, or as dinner on an especially busy day! Be warned: after you make these cookies once you will make them again and again.
And your friends will want to know the recipe!
|Honey Peanut Butter cookies posing with my beloved WonderMill Grain Mill.|
Note: This recipe originally appeared on Grain Mill Wagon as a part of their Grain Mill Challenge. See the original post here.
This post shared at: Homestead Barn Hop, Busy Monday, Mix it Up Monday, Melt in Your Mouth, Sweet Sharing Monday, Mostly Homemade Mondays, Making Monday, Anti-Procrastination Tuesdays, Show Me What You Got, Tasteful Tuesdays, One Project at a Time, Traditional Tuesdays, Fat Tuesday, Teach Me Tuesday, Real Food Wednesday, We Are That Family, Blog Stalking Thursday, Full Plate Thursday, Show Off Your Stuff, Foodtastic Friday, Tickled Pink Times Two, Fight Back Friday, Funky Junk Interiors,