Hello. I love you. Can I brighten your day?

(Photo source)

Yesterday Little Owl and I took the bus into the city for an adventure.

I never particularly enjoyed taking the bus pre-baby. It was always a little awkward. I don't know what it was about the bus but everyone who chose to ride it seemed either grumpy, slightly strange or downright scary. I used to take a set of headphones --even if I wasn't listening to anything-- just so no one would talk to me. (I know, real friendly, huh?)

Lately, however, to my surprise as much as anyone's, it has been a preferred mode of transportation. It is nice to not have to worry about her getting stressed out in the car--screaming incessantly until it rolls to a stop and I can take her out. She does alright most of the time but on occasion she loses it. It's convenient to have her attached to me in my trusty Ergo or sling (I love baby-wearing!) I can be aware of her needs, see her the entire time and not have to worry about her waking up by transferring her in/out of the car-seat every time I have to stop for an errand.

(Little Little Owl)

This is an older picture of her. (It's crazy how fast they change!) Now she holds her head up out of the Ergo and takes in the world with curiosity and awe.

Carrying my baby on the bus has given me a whole new perspective on my city.  She loves everyone. Everyone loves her. No matter who is on the bus--on old lady, a hard-shelled teenage boy, a bored college student, a suit-dressed middle-aged man--she loves them. She wants to greet each and every one.

She looks at them, looks at me, looks back at them, wiggles with excitement, pauses for a moment and then calls to them with squeals. It's as if she is saying,  "Hello. I love you. Can I brighten your day?"

No one can ignore her. Not even those (like I used to be) who are trying very hard to pretend they don't exist for the ten minutes they have to ride the bus. Strangers can't help but smile or chuckle back.

As she gets older I know I will have to teach her about "stranger danger". But for now, it's beautiful to see how trusting she is of the world, how loving, and excited she is by it all. It's wonderful to see how she lights up those around her with her smile and joy at life, while nestled safely on my chest.

I love this baby girl so much.

(Photo credit)
This post featured on: FortheKids, FeatureYourself, FridayFun, FinishedFriday, ImLovin'It, EBTKS, WeekendBloggyReading, TGIF, WTFab, Show&Tell, SharingSaturday, WeekendBlogWalk, StrutYourStuff, FunkyJunk, HelloWeekend, Show&Share, CraftCreateInspire, OverflowingWithCreativity, SharingTeam, SundayShowcase, Link&Learn, BetterMom, MarketYourself, MakingtheWorldCuter, MarvelouslyMessy, MotivateMe, InspireMeMonday, Mom'sMondayMingle, MopItUp, CreativeCorner, MMM

25 comments:

  1. This was such a sweet post, totally inspires me to try to take our baby on the bus one of these days! Although we live a little ways out of town, the bus comes out this way a few times a day so it would definitely be an adventure for us :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Annie! Thanks so much for stopping in. If you do decide to go out you should let me know how your adventure goes. <3

      Delete
  2. What a precious post and the picture of Little Owl is just too cute! Thanks for sharing.

    Hugs,
    Stephanie
    www.theenchantingrose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping in, Stephanie! Have a great week.

      Delete
  3. Oh, what a wonderful post!! It is amazing how a baby seems to cheer everyone up. Thank you for sharing and for sharing at Sharing Saturday!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isin't it? Thanks for stopping in. Having a great week! <3

      Delete
  4. Such a lovely post! I have 4 kids and one is 6 months old! I forget how curious and happy they are about the world. It's a wonderful thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a wonderful thing! I wonder if I would still be taking babies on buses with four kids... Do you? Sounds like a lot!

      Delete
  5. I love the peek-a-boo photo of your 'little owl'. Very cute and I enjoyed reading this post.
    Jillian
    http://puzzlemecomplete.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh thats a lovely post, that made me smile a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. She's a sweety! Her bright eyes made my day!

    hugs ~ Crystelle

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stopping by from MMM. Love for you to stop by and return the follow when you can. Hosting Mom's Monday Mingle now. Love for you join in!

    www.thenaptimereview.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping in! Going to check out your blog now...

      Delete
  9. Aww, that's so sweet and lovely! She is just beautiful and I'm sure you bring so much joy to the people you encounter.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a precious baby! She is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes baby wearing makes it easier travelling on the bus than strapping them into car seats and them crying at you! I only used the sling with my 3rd child wish I had done it with the other 2.

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a sweet post! we lived in the city with our first 2 babies and I loved not having to buckle them in their car seats to go places...and they loved all the sights and people! I miss it now that we live further out. I'm sure your little one is brightening everyones day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jen! It's quite enjoyable. She really does brighten everyone's day.

      Delete
  13. So glad you two can get out and explore the city together. When my family was in Italy earlier this year, I wore my baby on the bus (and subway) various time & really enjoyed it. She didn't fall asleep too well with all the faces to look at, but we both enjoyed it too. I've got a secondhand Ergo in the mail that should be making it's way to me any day now. So SO excited to try it out. My little girl is really stretching out the Sleepywrap these days. Thanks so much for linking up with me for {Monday Mom Musings} this week, Jacquelyn.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me oh so happy! Feel free to comment away. I'd love to hear what's on your mind